Sunday, January 8, 2012

TEAM INTERFACE - and other notes of interest

So.. after a long search, I finally found my letterer for Interface:  Brant Fowler!

I love his work and I'm happy to be working with him.  He'll be up to bat soon as the colored pages of Issue 1 start to filter in.  The current team looks like this:

Writer:  Chris Charlton
Pencils/Inks:  Rowel Roque
Colors:  Anthonie Wilson
Letters:  Brant Fowler

I've been working with Kenny Jeffry this week on a logo for Assailant Comics.  I love this.  Not for the cover, but for marketing.  Stickers, Shirts, Handouts, etc.


It's gritty and violent.  Intimidating and a little scary.  Perfect.

I have also have the logo for Interface thanks to my friend Alan, who is also working on the Assailant logo for the book cover.  His work really blows me away.  Can't wait to unveil it.

In addition... I just completed an editorial for MyComicBlog.com on the subject of digital vs physical comics.  It's a subject close to my heart and as I state in the article, there's just something romantic about going to the shop and picking up my books every week.  Maybe I'm a creature of habit.  I'm definitely a collector.  In any case, check out the article and leave a comment.  Let me know what you think.  I took the picture in the article myself.  Is there anything I can't do?  Yes, actually lots.

For instance, putting a website together.  Holy shit is this confusing.  Squarespace or Wordpress or... a third option?  I have no clue.  And then I have no clue once I decide.  Feel free to leave me notes and ideas.  I'm lost.

Ok - wrapping it up.  I'm finalizing my first draft of the script for the video game I'm working on, "Jetpack Jack", although I believe they're going with a new title now.  Still writing "Things Behind the Sun", and I've just completed a new short story for "Libretto", although I'm searching for a new title for that book.  And as luck would have it, networking has led me to multiple talented artists that say nice things about my writing and seem genuinely interested in working with me, which is a very nice feeling.

I was also bombarded with a slew of short comic strip ideas last night.  A rainy day project, but it's nice when things like that come to you out of the blue. 

Oh yeah.. I promised writing tips.  Dammit this thing is too long already.  SOON!

Have a great week!  I'll update soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment