Thursday, January 26, 2012

new artists, Derby City Con confirmation

As I'm driving to work this morning in a disgusting cold drizzle, a car in the other lane, just ahead of me hit a puddled pothole perfectly, sending a huge splash of water directly onto my windshield, aimed at my face.  No matter how many times this has happened to me, I always flinch and blink frantically.  Just once I would like to know (confirmed) that I've done that to someone else and that they've had a similar reaction.

That was not comic related and I apologize. 

In any case. I've just received the cover for Interface #1 from David Hollenbach.  Absolutely amazing.  I can't wait to share it with everyone and that time is coming closer every day.  Two new artists for "Sleepless":

Joe Badon - working his magic (pencil/ink/color/letters) on a story for the book.

Gail Southworth - taking on the cover art.  I've already seen her rough sketch and it's amazing. 

VERY fortunate to have found them both.  These are relationships that I  hope to keep and grow as more and more books start to flow out of Assailant Comics.  When you find people like these, whose work you appreciate and they're equally great to get along with, it just makes this whole experience that much better. 

Received my first confirmation for the stretch of cons I submitted to for 2012 - Derby City Comic Con

After giving it zero thought, they wrote and asked me to write a short bio for the website and send over the Assailant logo.  It hadn't even occurred to me that I would need something like that.  I guess I've just been too busy.  So I threw something together.  Hopefully it's ok and doesn't offend anyone.  And of course there's the lovely link to my website, which is still Under Construction.  But that's ok.  The con is in June and we'll be up and running in a matter of weeks.

I've been working on a slogan as well.  Doesn't have to be permanent, but I thought it would be cool if I could come up with a good one.  I just don't want it to pigeon-hole me in the long run.

Assailant Comics - "stories with KILLER style"

What do you think?  Let me know.  Granted the logo (see previous blogs) has a knife on it.  It seems much more to the point (pun super intended) with that graphic. 

I was also asked to pen a script for a live action production here in Cincinnati.  More details as I have them.

That's it for today.  More news soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment