Monday, September 19, 2011

Exponentially Comic Brained.

I finished rewrites on Issue #9 of Interface last night.  Extreme pleasure and euphoria.  Love the ending.

So.. INTERFACE is the comic book I'm writing.  It's about an early 30's IT Tech named Alex who hates his job, hates his life, etc.  It takes place in the fictional location of Sky City (think Devner meets New York City).  When Alex was 8, his father was killed in front of him.. an innocent bystander in a hero/villain battle in downtown Sky City.  Yes, this is a super hero book.  In an accident at his job, Alex receives the ability to communicate with any electronic device.  There are tons of great stuff in this.  Evil villains, government conspiracies, great heroes and not so great heroes.  And a main character that despite his best efforts, seems to only get in his own way and finds himself going down a very dark path.

When I started this project, I thought it would be a cool insight into a character who really doesn't have much in the way of super powers.  No super strength or flight or razor sharp claws.  And how someone like that may struggle to find his place in a world dominated by more powerful heroes.  However, the evolution of the characters in this story has led me to places I've never imagined.  Of course I don't want to spoil anything here in the hopes that I can one day get this bastard published, but I'll just say that it's more than I could have hoped for.

True love for the characters (good and evil), and there's nothing more satisfying than surprising myself with interconnecting plot lines, histories and associations. 

Back to Issue #10 today.  Although I found myself day dreaming about a story idea I have for an alternate take on the origin of Wonder Woman.  God knows I'd love the chance to write it for DC/Elseworlds.  I was never a big WW fan.  I'm surprised by a lot of what I read today.  The character could have a lot more going on than what I've read in the past.  Maybe the new WW book this week will turn me around on her.  Until then, I'll keep jotting notes on my own version. 


Til next times.  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment