Monday, October 31, 2011

thinking on inking.

I've taken some extra print outs of the finished artwork for Interface and started practicing inking.  I really enjoy it.  It's time consuming, but I find it kind of relaxing.  I think I'd like to keep at it and see if I can improve.  If I can get good at it, I could save myself some money.  Especially for self-publishing.

Looks like my artist is out if I'm self publishing.  Not ideal, but what can I do?  I can't afford to pay him full price for each page and still expect to cover the cost of everything else.  It just doesn't make sense.  So while I'm prepping the finished pages for publisher submissions (by the way I haven't heard back from ANY publishers yet - not even to say "no thanks"), it looks like I'll be searching for a new artist with a reasonable (ie: cheap) page rate.  It hurts me to think of settling for an artist I can afford.  I know anything on a budget will be sub par, but I have to get a finished product.  I really believe in this story.  I'm actually really proud of it, and I'd like to have the first story arc in print while I work on other projects.  Maybe I'm dumb for that.

In the meantime... I have another review up:

http://www.mycomicblog.com/2011/10/wolverine-and-the-x-men-1-%E2%80%93-review/

My first Marvel review.  It didn't really do a lot for me.

Til next time.  Have a happy holloweiner!  I'll be carving pumpkins and watching scary stuff.. and trying to find ways to improve my crappy fantasy football team.

No comments:

Post a Comment