Monday, December 12, 2011

Cover Artists

When I was a singer, I never wanted to be associated with cover artists.  Sweet irony.. the tables have turned.

I'm working with Erick Marquez and my current pencil artist, Rowel to generate some ideas for the cover of issue #1 of Interface.  I had Erick do my first piece of artwork for the book earlier this year, but after completing the story, it feels more appropriate for Issue #6, so I'm saving it for that book.

In addition, I have received my first pieces of colored art from Anthonie and it looks great.  My job now is to decide which tone best suits the flashback/dream sequences.  I'm leaning toward desaturated sepia or desat-white.  I'm afraid the sepia still has too much color and I'd like to use that visual cue to indicate the dream/flashback, which happen at least once an issue through the first few issues as more about Alex, his father, his mother and two of the other major characters is revealed.







This is the opening page of issue #1, showing little Alex and his dad, John. 

And guess what else?  I have a new review up on MyComicBlog.com about the new Raphel comic for TMNT.  Yes, they still make Ninja Turtle comics!  In fact, IDW has made a career out of publishing old 80's retro do-overs like GI Joe, Transformers and Thundercats.  So check it out!  Also, there's a new addition to the comic blog group named Shiah and he's writing some pretty interesting articles.  Go take a look!

As usual, thanks for taking the time to read this and feel free to comment or ask questions!  xoxo

2 comments:

  1. kind of an andy warhol thing going on there with that picture. i kinda like that.

    ReplyDelete