Tuesday, November 29, 2011

It's a blessing and a curse.

I am consistently coming up with additional story ideas.  (that's the blessing part)

I have very little time to work on these ideas right now.  (and.. the curse)


Finished my first complete outline of the Jetpack Jack game - 20 levels of sci fi adventure.  I really love some aspects of this.  It's very Star Wars meets 30's Buck Rogers Comic Books.  It's hard not to like the settings and characters. 


ALSO: New Review - Aquaman #3!

Still waiting on some inking to come back for Interface.  Hopefully that happens soon.  (I am pretty impatient - another curse, especially considering the comic book industry)  I was a little worried about Interface.  I wasn't sure it would hold up over time.  I thought some distance would give me some clarity and honestly, I'm still surprised at how much I still love the book.  I re-read the first three issues and they still make me laugh and seem to be paced well.  I know I'm new at this so it's like - every step is a big victory.  But I know what an asshole I can be and I'm definitely my own worst critic.  Perfectionism is an ugly thing. 

And as I mentioned earlier..  I have a huge story cooking.  I'm in absolute love with it.  Not quite as long as what I had planned for Interface (again - it's not like the book has a home and it seems as though EVERYTHING is ALWAYS subject to change), but still a decent length - 24 issues?  Maybe more but not much more.  I would love to spill the beans on this, but I can't.  Dammit, I love spilling beans.

And again - I have a handful of smaller one issue stories I'd love to get started on, plus the story idea I mentioned in my last blog, based on the dream I had.  I don't know what is going on in my brain, but it's a good thing.  I just have to keep taking notes until I have the time to dedicate to sitting down and actually writing.  With all of these stories, I could start my own publishing company.  I guess I would have to dedicate it to myself.  Charlton Comics?  I think that's been done.

Still.. something big is on the horizon.

I'll keep plugging away. 

xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment