Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Progress. Apparently it DOES happen.

It's not just one of those things you see on tv or read in magazines.  (or if you prefer - movies/books)

I have already received the first 12 pages of penciled art for Interface from Rowel and they look amazing.  Some revisions need done, but nothing major.  I like to feel that he can meet a deadline and the quality is great as well.  Very pleased in the brain right now.

Added some new reviews at MyComicBlog.com - Swamp Thing #3, Wonder Woman #3 and The Red Ten #1. 

Speaking of Red Ten.  I have to add a little personal commentary on this one.  I didn't give it a great review and in fact, it hurt me to do so, but I wanted to be honest as well.  I know how hard it is for an indie writer/publisher.  That said - this guy has one up on me in that he has a book published and in fact runs his own publishing company (Comix Tribe).  One day I hope to have my book released and reviewed - even if it's a bad review.

Something about that book did something to my brain though.  It made me doubt for a second what I was doing.  That I was wasting my time and that my book would be torn to shreds and hated by everyone.  Still possible.  But then I got that art today.  And it felt great.  Fuck All And Everyone.  This is what I want to do and maybe it's not the best shit out there, but it'll get better.  I will get better.  Maybe not Interface, but the next project.  Or the next project after that.

The key here is getting those chances or making them happen yourself.  I'm not far off from publishing this sonovabitch on my own.  And that's something in and of itself.  Maybe I'll fall on my face, but I'm sure I'll pick myself back up.  (I learned that from Batman Begins)

Speaking of self publishing.  I need a logo and cover for my first book.  SHIT.

k thx bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment